May 20, 2011

A trip to gain perspective

Last weekend I had this overwhelming feeling that I needed to get out of Seattle for a couple days. I had so much on my mind, and I knew that if I didn't escape I would go crazy.
So I called up a couple friends in Portland, bought a train ticket, and headed south!
Walking on the beach always clears my mind and helps me put my life in perspective.
I have to say thanks to my two buddies who came with me to Lincoln City. They offered some fantastic advice, and left me alone when I needed space.

One of my favorite things to do - ever - is hike to Drift Creek Falls in Oregon. I have done it for the past couple years, and it is beautiful.
The trail was very muddy, and the earth felt wonderful squishing between my toes...
My favorite gomers, Garret and Ben
Garret only tried to kill me once while I was making him an amazing sandwich, so that was a pleasant surprise.

"Hey Cammers, let's pretend this is our new house"
Oh yes, Geet. I have always wanted to live in a yurt!
The brothers sat there for hours. So cute.

I miss the ocean.
I am so happy there.


Oh wait, I'm so happy everywhere :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh i miss the beach! I am happiest there too. Sigh. I thought Garrett lived in VA? Good luck with your decisions luv.

Camille said...

Isn't it a great place?! Love it. Garret lives in Portland.
Thanks Tatie :)

Jayne said...

Remember how you're happy every where? Including Utah? I will continue to remind you, lest you forget.

And I think you and Garrett look very happy in your new home/yurt.

JoAnn said...

I don't know about the rest of you, but it always seemed hard for me to get PERSPECTIVE when there were fun young men around (when I was young and single)!

Unknown said...

I've got perspective...what i need is the fun young man ;-)

Garret said...

This blog is adorable. DON'T TOUCH MY PICKLES!