Last week we learned about Goals, and the importance of setting them. It got me thinking about the difference between a Resolution and a Goal. Of course they are different, but why is it that so many people make New Years Resolutions instead of New Years Goals? I couldn't think of any resolutions because I'm too proud to admit that I have things that need resolving, so I made goals for this new year. I wouldn't normally share them, but I figure if people know what they are, they might help me along.
Goals for 2011
- Read/record thoughts/study the scriptures every day
- Raise $7,000 for school by August
- Find a test (ACT, SAT, or something along those lines), study, and NAIL IT for scholarship purposes. (Don't know if this is possible, I'm kinda old and I know nothing about standardized testing, but it sure would make all these applications easier)
- Train for the Seattle To Portland (i.e. ride my bike HARD at least 4 times a week)
- Keep a Mission on my mind and prep for it daily
I'll have to say, I'm already impressed with myself. Of course I am, I'm just ending week one. Isn't everyone impressed with them self after week one?
Hm. I'll keep you posted.