Jun 5, 2010

Adventure hungry

This morning as I was hanging my clothes on the line and watching them dry faster than I could hang them up, I decided I needed to get out of the house. I usually leave home once or twice a day to venture into town and get groceries or use the Internet, but since I have sworn not to buy more groceries till I'm hungry and have nothing to eat (I need to stop snacking and actually eat the food I buy), I decided to head to the bus station and see where to go. I have been sick the past few days, so getting out of the house was mandatory.
Once at the bus station, full of adventurous feelings and excitement, I learned that today was a strike day. No busses out of town. Bummer. So I walked up to the piazza and paid the 2 euro to climb the tower. It has been raining so the smog has gone away, and there isn't a cloud in the sky... Mmm... I sat up on top of the tower for a long time :)
I still haven't left the piazza. I'm sitting here in the shade up against the well watching some guy play the accordion. He's asking people for money, but he's wearing a Ferarri jacket, leather shoes, and Armani glasses. Nice. I guess the accordion playing business is booming these days.
This morning my friend Alexa emailed me and said she's coming to visit!! Yay! Alexa is a bit nuts, but she's one of the funniest people I've ever met and I can't wait for her to come :) I wonder if she would cut my hair... I need it...
Well I'm fried and I need a gelato. Ciao!

No comments: