Jun 9, 2010

Oh! I forgot...

I keep thinking of things that I forgot to put in my last post! Since I seem to have a bit of time on my hands, I have used it to learn the things I have always wanted to know how to do, but never had the patience. Now it seems like the longer it takes to learn something, the better! So here is a list of skills I have acquired thus far...

1 - Simple cooking. Pros: I get to enjoy the fruits of my labor. Cons: I doubt anyone else would enjoy what I make. I think my food tastes better simply because I made it, but... I don't think I would pay for it in a restaurant :)
2 - french braiding. This morning I looked at my sorry head of hair, and I decided that french braids might be a lovely way to tame the wild beast. And it worked! I actually went in public with my braids! Sidenote: I think I killed my hair with some shampoo I bought at the Conad :( It keeps breaking off and it feels all nasty. Snap.
3 - Reading actual books. Before living here, I can't remember ever sitting down and reading a novel. But I have come to really enjoy reading, and sometimes I get carried away and I do it for hours. Thanks to my loverly sister Jayne who has supplied me with so many great book ideas :)
4 - Enjoying a calm life. I can't remember a time when I didn't have a full time job since I was 15 years old. And I liked it! Actually, I did take a couple months off last summer when I was in California, but the whole time I was there I was going nuts with boredom. I wanted to have a job so bad. But being here... I don't know, I have just learned to appreciate the ability I have to do whatever I want to do, when I want to do it. If i feel like putting on a silly dress and going on a picnic, I do it! If I want to have gelato for breakfast, that's what I eat! I love looking at my calender, and seeing that the only things on it are the market every wednesday morning and genealogy every thursday night. I'm a free bird! For 3 and a half more weeks!
5 - Killing bugs. I deal with a lot of bugs, all day long. I won't tell you how I deal with them... That's a secret.

The end!

No comments: